Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Way of Shadows Review


I love great books about assassins and this one is no exception. Book one of the Night Angel Trilogy,The Way of Shadows had wonderful characters, a great setting, and a storyline that kept me glued to my chair for the duration of the book.
Azoth(Kylar) is the main character, who goes from guild rat to assassin in this action packed novel. Trained as a master assassin by the best in the game, Durzo Blint, Azoth must give up everything to accomplish the unexpected.
The fight scenes are brilliantly handled and smooth, fitting in with the dialogue. Mr. Weeks does a wondeful job with the flow of the book, which in my opinion, is key to a good strong story. I really can't wait for the next one.

You can read the first chapter here.

http://www.orbitbooks.net/the-way-of-shadows/

No comments: